|Brief Description of the Lesson, Activities:
- (4 minutes) Introduce the unit with a review of vocabulary words (students should already know them) such as read, swim, jump, play, etc.
- (3 minutes) Remind students of the basic constructions of I am, You are, He/She/It is, etc.
- (4 minutes) Explain, with the assistance of the co-teacher, the present continuous form.
- (5 minutes) Write examples on the board in both Georgian and English. Ex: I am thinking/ Me vipiqrob. What are you doing?/Ras aketeb?
- (2 minutes) TLG volunteer leads class in pronunciation practice.
- (10 minutes) TLG volunteer and LET lead class in comprehension practice using action flashcards to test students’ comprehension. One teacher should hold up a picture and say, “What is he/she/it doing?” Students should reply with “He/she/it is______ing.”
- (15 minutes) Play a game:
- LET explains to students that we are going to practice using the present continuous form of verbs, and that each student will be acting out an action.
- Call a student up to the front of the class.
- Whisper to the student an action. I.e. jump
- The student will then perform the action for the class.
- The teacher will ask the class, “What is he/she doing?”
- Class should respond using the correct form of the present continuous as well as the correct subject.
- (2 minutes) Assign homework: Ask students to write 5 sentences using the present continuous about things they do everyday.